Thursday, August 18, 2011

#4- or should I say...14?

Once students saw my little easel tucked away in the back of the room, their questions about my art created an energy I cannot explain...but then, I had models! Lots of models!
"Will you paint me!?"
Sure!
"Can I keep it when you're finished?"
Nope. I can't have a missing #4 when I have my "100 Portraits" gallery show!
"Fair enough. When can I start!?"

Eric is a student of mine- an artist, a thinker. A real gem!
We had the funniest conversation while he sat for me...
He's the FIRST of my students to be painted, but he is painting #4 in this journey to 100.
He said..."so... it's like beIing #14."  (I laaauuughed...yep. first student, 4th in the 100...14.) I love it!


I'll post more when he is finished,  but for now...
a much needed break before.....
"My favorite color is orange.." in case I was wondering :) Thanks Eric!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this idea, Kari! If you need me to sit for one in a crunch, I'll drive up.

    ReplyDelete