Thursday, August 18, 2011

#2- Casseroni

A long, long time ago (or so it seems!), I fell into one of the greatest friendships I'll ever make. Cassie and I met in Ceramics class in our undergraduate studies at Lindsey Wilson College. She wanted to drop the course, and thank goodness she didn't!  I've painted Cassie several times, and as this painting evolves I've noticed I used the same color combinations as an earlier painting of her (I'll see if I can find a picture of that one). Cassie has the face Gustav Klimt would have died to paint...but he died, so I got her!

One of my fondest memories painting Cassie was when she agreed to model for my painting class, and I made up a song about her that literally made her fall out of her pose and almost crash onto the floor!

To the tune of "If You're Happy and You Know It"
Casseroni Macaroni Cheese and Rice
Casseroni Macaroni Cheese and Rice
Casseroni Macaroni don't confuse it with Balogna
Casseroni Macaroni Cheese and Rice...

Not quite finished, but it's getting there.


Cassie se ha completado!

No comments:

Post a Comment