Thursday, October 13, 2011

Roadblocks!

There's been quite a gap between my last update, but I am up to 12 portraits.  I am in the middle of finishing up several of them because I have been blessed with plenty of students willing to sit for an hour or so after school. It's been a great experience painting my students because I learn so much more about them than I would have by just seeing them in class every three days.

I've noticed several things happening in my work so far.  My drawing skills are getting stronger, my color palette is changing, I'm thinking of a variety of art processes possible, and I'm starting to have ideas for new portraits.

Over fall break, I hope to start a new one or two of close people, maybe family or close friends.
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment